The Government of Canada has launched the New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) 2021-2022 call for proposals (CFP) for community-based projects across Canada. The online application and applicant guide is available on the Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC)lease consult the ESDC Funding Programs page. The deadline to submit applications will be December 21st, 2021, at 3:00 p.m. EST.
WHAT’S NEW FOR THE 2021-2022 CALL FOR PROPOSALS?
- One application stream: Community-based projects are eligible to receive up to $25,000 in grant funding. New applicants and organizations that have not been funded in the past five years are encouraged to apply.
- To simplify the application process and provide funds to communities more rapidly, organizations will need to complete and submit their application online. The deadline to submit is December 21st, 2021.
- Organizations will be invited to apply for funding that supports the program’s national priorities:
1. Supporting healthy ageing
o Including addressing social isolation, including through supporting seniors’ digital literacy, addressing ageism, mental health and dementia, and by developing and delivering virtual programming for the above.
2. Preventing senior abuse
o Including helping seniors navigate access to government benefits and providing support to file their taxes, supporting financial empowerment of seniors, and measures to reduce crimes and harm against seniors.
3. Celebrating diversity and promoting inclusion
o Including promoting intergenerational mentoring and engagement, and serving members of the following vulnerable groups: Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, members of racialized and newcomer groups, members of LGBTQ2+ communities, low-income seniors and veterans.
4. Helping seniors to age in place
o Including providing practical supports to seniors to help them remain in their homes longer.